Select to view content in your preferred language

how can I merge/mosaic 2 GeoTIFF land cover data??

10-12-2022 11:39 AM
Labels (3)
khalido
New Contributor II
I have been trying to merge these land cover GeoTIFF files shown in the attached images but every time I do so. 
the classes get turned into bands 😞 
how can I merge them? while keeping the classes?
any help is appreciated 

khalido_1-1665599856593.pngkhalido_2-1665599877615.pngkhalido_3-1665599890390.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

klalido - I would create a mosaic dataset in your geodatabase and point to the 2 *.tifs to mosaic together.  This will get around the display issues you're experiencing.

0 Kudos
khalido
New Contributor II

thank you for your kind response, this has fixed the display issue but the problem is that the classes are gone and turned into 3 bands image again. I need those classes for analysis because they represent land use/cover, is there a way to merge them and keep the classes? 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Another option to consider is the Mosaic geoprocessing tool or maybe the Mosaic to New Raster GP tool.  Explore the parameters to ensure that the output raster dataset colormaps match the input images.

0 Kudos
khalido
New Contributor II

I used the reclassification tool first to reclassify every raster and then merged them using the merge tool in the raster function. This seems to do the trick! Thank you again, sir. have a wonderful day 

Hadi
by
New Contributor

0 Kudos