How can I import the attachment from an online layer to arcgis pro?

08-26-2020 12:20 PM
Marie-JoëlleDesgagné
New Contributor III

Hi, 

This summer we did a lot of field work with the Collector app. We took pictures from our inspections and now I would like to make  some reports with arcgis pro. When I import the online layer from the portal to arcgis pro, I am not able to see the attachments. How could I import them? 

Thank you in advance ! 

MJ

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi MJ,

Thanks for posting on GeoNet! There are multiple ways to view attachments from a feature layer from Collector. The most effective way would be to use the "Export Data" > "Export to FGDB" on the item details page. Afterwards, you can make a connection to the downloaded FGDB in ArcGIS Pro. This should preserve any attachments as well. Alternatively, you can also go through the REST endpoint as per our documentation here: How To: Download a large hosted feature service with attachments from a REST endpoint . Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Vivien

Marie-JoëlleDesgagné
New Contributor III

Hello Vivien,

Thank you very much, it worked with Export to FGDB. I thought this would solve my problem with adding Attachments to my reports, but it did not. I created my report and tried to add my pictures, but this is what I see (see attachment).

Thank you !

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good day! 

Attachments can only be included in the details section of a report (Include attachments—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation). In order to enable attachments, can you please try to either click on the details section in the reports itself, or you can click on the name "Details" in the Drawing Order Table of Contents? 

Thanks,

Vivien 

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

You may also find this helpful

How To: Batch export attachments from a feature class in ArcMap 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek