Select to view content in your preferred language

How about the default behavior of ArcGIS Pro when adding a layer with a defined “projected coordinate system”?

11-09-2017 12:01 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

How about the default behavior of ArcGIS Pro when adding a layer with a defined “projected coordinate system”?

For example, in ArcMap, the “data frame” takes the coordinate system of the first layer added to it and thus the “display unit” shows its coordinate system. In return, when doing the same layer in ArcGIS Pro, the “display unit” preserves the “decimal degrees”!

Is this by design? Do we need each time to go and manually change the “display unit”? is this the best practice?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
15 Replies
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

I've been using Pro 2.3 for the past 2 months!  it doesn't say pre-release either in Pro or on myesri !

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

AGP uses a rapid release cycle whereas ArcGIS 10.7 does not.  The AGP Team tries to get out 2-3 releases per year while the ArcGIS components are less frequent than that.  AGP 2.3 dropped January 24, 2019.  I'm not sure when ArcGIS 10.7 will be released hence the pre-release label.

jorisfrenkel
Occasional Contributor II

Robert,

Thanks for your reply to this. I can't find it on the What's new page though. But I see some other important improvements so I will definitely have a look at the new version.

Joris

davidmartin6
New Contributor II

From Esri articles the screen shots displayed this as an error. In following the articles the coordinates at the bottom did not match the data and location depicted. We use state cords and in feet and so there is no match for this in the drop down even though it can be done in the editing options.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Great. myesri account is now containing the 2.3

I checked the behavior in 2.3 and found out that this is fixed. The 2.3 starts with decimal degrees and then is switched to the coordinates of the first layer added to the map

Great enhancement!

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Mark_Wilson
New Contributor II

Useful update - good.

0 Kudos