How about the default behavior of ArcGIS Pro when adding a layer with a defined “projected coordinate system”?

11-09-2017 12:01 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

How about the default behavior of ArcGIS Pro when adding a layer with a defined “projected coordinate system”?

For example, in ArcMap, the “data frame” takes the coordinate system of the first layer added to it and thus the “display unit” shows its coordinate system. In return, when doing the same layer in ArcGIS Pro, the “display unit” preserves the “decimal degrees”!

Is this by design? Do we need each time to go and manually change the “display unit”? is this the best practice?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
15 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I emailed the Esri Pro Dev Team about this and they've added it to the list of items for the Pro 2.2 release.

jorisfrenkel
Occasional Contributor II

Does anyone know if this has been addressed in 2.2? I can't find how to do this.

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Joris - it's been fixed at ArcGIS Pro 2.3.0

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

The 2.3 is not yet available for download. correct?

Jamal Numan
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

It's been available for download since January 20 something, 2019.  The way AGP updates is one of two ways:  1)  https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/install-and-sign-in-to-arcgis-pro.htm or 2)  Or if AGP is already installed, then it notifies you of an update to the application https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/arcgis-pro-installation-administration.htm#ESRI_SECTIO...

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

But why I’m not able to download the 2.3 from myesri knowing that we are under active maintenance?

Jamal Numan
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Not sure why that's the case - you may want to contact Esri Support Services for that.  Question - is AGP already installed on your computer?  If so, the next time you start it and it's not at the current release, you'll get a notification that the application has been updated.  The only time this would not appear is if notifications have been turned off in the application properties.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I have been in contact with our area esri reseller and confirmed that 2.3 and 10.7 are available as prerelease and thus are not available on myesri (Prerelease can be requested for download from ESRI site directly but it is not for production and not supported yet). Is this the case?

Jamal Numan
jorisfrenkel
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Just to let you know, we have a different license agreement, so I do see the 10.7 Prerelease, and also ArcGIS Pro 2.3.

But for AGP 2.3 is does not say 'prerelease', while for 10.7 it does.