Help! Software continuing to 'fail to create a raster dataset' when using the Project Raster management tool

Jump to solution
03-04-2021 01:06 PM
keno8491
New Contributor

Hey guys, I'm trying to use the Project raster tool to make a cubic transformation of the raster I'm working with but the task continues to fail to execute. I faced the same issue when trying to clip the raster. This leads me to think there is an issue internally with my computer or software. If anyone has any ideas of how to get around this it would be greatly appreciated. Here's a picture of the inputs I have set before I run the tool.

keno8491_0-1614891985801.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I can't see the filetype of the input raster, and it's not within an FGDB it seems.  What format is it?

Also the same for your output raster, perhaps specify .tif as an extension (worth a try).

View solution in original post

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Your output raster file path is trying to create an esri grid in a folder with spaces in it.  That won't work.

Specify a realistic/shorter path with no spaces or other unsavory characters and specify a *.tif format (esri's preferred format.

eg  c:\myproject\projected.tif

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I can't see the filetype of the input raster, and it's not within an FGDB it seems.  What format is it?

Also the same for your output raster, perhaps specify .tif as an extension (worth a try).

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Your output raster file path is trying to create an esri grid in a folder with spaces in it.  That won't work.

Specify a realistic/shorter path with no spaces or other unsavory characters and specify a *.tif format (esri's preferred format.

eg  c:\myproject\projected.tif

... sort of retired...
keno8491
New Contributor

Great it worked! Looks like I just had to specify the output raster to .tif    Thanks for the help guys.

0 Kudos