Help! I can't open my data download of the ArcGIS Pro Tutorial 1

Jump to solution
02-10-2021 02:18 PM
KevinA
by
New Contributor II

Help! I can't open my data download of the ArcGIS Pro Tutorial 1. Any help would be appreciated! I get an error anytime I try to open the downloaded data from the web link I am sharing with you. I right click on "here" and save as, but after it is downloaded I cannot open the data file or run it. 

GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGIS Pro: A Platform Workbook, first edition

https://esripress.esri.com/bookResources/index.cfm?event=catalog.book&id=39

KevinA_0-1612995359548.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinA
by
New Contributor II

okay, I just needed to free up space in my C drive. the problem is solved. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

download it a know folder on your local machine.  (eg. C:\Temp )

Use windows File explorer, navigate to the folder and double-click on the *.msi file will actually "run" and install stuff

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KevinA
by
New Contributor II

sorry I'm not sure what a known folder is. Would you mind explaining to me how to find one or make one? And if I already have the data downloaded, can I just move the download into the known folder and it would work? Also, my C drive is full. I don't know if that matters or not. I do have room on my other hard drive though. Thanks for helping! I appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

And to add to Dan's point, make you have read/write access to that folder.  I downloaded the tutorial data, cut it from my Downloads directory, pasted it into C:/Temp, double-clicked the file and followed the steps to extract the data.  No issues.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

a full C: drive needs to be emptied of your junk.

C:\Temp.... do you have one?  do you know how to make a folder?  do you know how to delete files?

I would suggest dealing with your computing issues first because you won't be able to install the data otherwise.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KevinA
by
New Contributor II

well thanks you answered my question. I didn't know it had to be on a C drive. 

0 Kudos
KevinA
by
New Contributor II

okay, I just needed to free up space in my C drive. the problem is solved. 

0 Kudos