Help!: How to modify the interval in the simbology?

11-26-2017 05:10 AM
TomGilpin
New Contributor II

Hi there, I'm not sure I know how to ask this question, I'll try: I'm trying to modify the value interval of this layer (Called "Numero") so I can specify 5 levels with the values I want (represented by size of point symbol, here 4 size categories and the values have decimals, which I do not want). I have also used the symbology to clasify the quality atributes by cathegories (called "especie", in different colors). You can see the screen shot below. Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It appears that you used the default classification intervals, you can change the type of classifier and use a manual increment.  Have you looked at that option and what was the default number of classes and classifier you used?

TomGilpin
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. I don't know where to change the type of classifier to manual. Could you guide me please?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Graduated symbols.. then some options there before you get to the meat of the section.

I chose 6 symbols, manual method.  Then you can go in an change the classes there as is shown in the figure.

TomGilpin
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan for taking the time to be so detailed!. But I think I'm either not explaining myself either I'm missing something. I need categories to show different species of animals but also need to show how many individuals of each species are shown in each point data, therefore I need to show in the simbiology 6 categories(6 different colors) for species plus 5 different sizes of symbol that would correspond to 5 intervals of values (numer of individuals of each specie ). So the symbology needs to adjust for 2 atributes: Especie (quality atribute) AND numero (quantity atribute)

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I think I know what you want, but for graduated symbols, I can only find normalize, and for the unique values option, you can use multiple fields, but I have never had the need for two field graduated symbols, unless it was as simple as adding a new field, calculate a new string concatenating the field values together and then doing the symbols manually.

I don't make maps enough in my workflow to have experimented with the options.

0 Kudos