Select to view content in your preferred language

Grid Designer in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
04-02-2023 06:40 PM
hm_stella
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

Does anyone know which ArcGIS Pro's geoprocessing tools or functionality work as the Grid Designer of ArcMap? I'd like to move graticule labels into where I want, not the automatic arrangement.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi @hm_stella 

It is good to hear from you. Thank you for responding.

The grid definition template (i.e. the XML file) you are using in ArcGIS Pro can be opened in ArcMap using the Grids and Graticules Designer window available on the Production Cartography toolbar. You can make changes to your template (e.g. move graticule labels to where you want). Save your changes and use the updated grid definition template in ArcGIS Pro using the Make Grids And Graticules Layer (Topographic Production) geoprocessing tool.

Regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi hm_stella,

Thank you for your posting.

The modification to the graticule labels will need to made in ArcMap using the Grids and Graticules Designer window available on the Production Cartography toolbar.

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
hm_stella
Esri Contributor

Hi @DanHopkins !
Thanks for your reply. 

I am wondering if I have made a product (layout & maps) in ArcGIS Pro, should I turn it over to ArcMap and rework with the grid designer since ArcGIS Pro does not support that function?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi @hm_stella 

It is good to hear from you. Thank you for responding.

The grid definition template (i.e. the XML file) you are using in ArcGIS Pro can be opened in ArcMap using the Grids and Graticules Designer window available on the Production Cartography toolbar. You can make changes to your template (e.g. move graticule labels to where you want). Save your changes and use the updated grid definition template in ArcGIS Pro using the Make Grids And Graticules Layer (Topographic Production) geoprocessing tool.

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos