Greetings: I have been exploring the Deep Learning examples for ArcPro. With the ArcPro upgrade I am having issues with previously coded examples. My question: Can I downgrade to TensorFlow 1.14.0 from ArcPro 2.5.0? I believe the answer is no. I'm h

Jump to solution
02-14-2020 06:17 AM
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

Greetings:  I have been exploring the Deep Learning examples for ArcPro.  With the ArcPro upgrade I am having issues with previously coded examples.  My question:  Can I downgrade to TensorFlow 1.14.0 from ArcPro 2.5.0?  I believe the answer is no.  I'm having this issue because the github and eLearning DeepLearning with TensorFlow examples only seem to work using TensorFlow 1.14, none work with TensorFlow 2.0.0 (which I believe is the only version that ArcPro 2.5.0 can install).  I've tried many times to install TensorFlow 1.14 and this simply hasn't worked yet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  The screenshot shows the result of trying to install any lower version of TensorFlow--ultimately only TensorFlow 2.0.0 is actually in the installed packages.  Thank you for looking at this!  

0 Kudos
19 Replies
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

Sorry--same problem. 

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

This is what I selected for a separate python window (outside of ArcPro).  ArcPro was closed.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That is not the correct one, you aren't in a conda environment.  maybe search for the batch file

On my computer

C:\arc_pro\bin\Python\Scripts  double-click on proenv.bat and it should run the batch file and set up your environment

Note.... you will have to change this ... C:\arc_pro ... to match the path where your Pro is installed

then make a shortcut to it

/blogs/dan_patterson/2017/07/01/arcgis-pro-2-creating-desktop-shortcuts 

WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

Cool--this looks better.  I'll keep you updated!

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

I'll keep you updated:

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

awesome!

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

This isn't working either.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

see my thread above yours... you have to be in the conda environment to run conda.

Me thinks the help files need some updating if they are going to make people go to conda

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

I can't thank you enough!  There's nothing I can't misunderstand, but that was the key. 

Thanks again!  I'll close this.

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

YIPPEE!

0 Kudos