Getting slope map in a convertible raster (with a rowID and attribute table)

Jump to solution
06-15-2022 02:21 PM
Labels (1)
GabrielMesa
New Contributor II

I'm trying to convert a slope map I got from using the slope function in ArcGIS Pro from raster to polygon, but I find that it doesn't let me since the resulting raster doesn't have an attribute table, and the supposed pixel values are the actual slope I got (which is a real value) and it only works with integer or string values. I find that using the int function to make them have an approximate value gives a significantly different result than what was originally obtained. 

Is there any way to use the slope function or getting a slope map from a DM in general that will allow me to have an attribute table (like how you get a field called rowID in multiple raster datasets and another field with the actual value) such that I can convert it to polygon?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

integer should work, but if you want to retain decimal precision, you can scale up by multiplying by a factor of 10 first, then take the integer.  Deal with the scaling when you have your results.

More importantly, you should probably reclass your raster if highly variable.  You can use a fine scale if desired, then deal with the polygon values in its attribute table

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

integer should work, but if you want to retain decimal precision, you can scale up by multiplying by a factor of 10 first, then take the integer.  Deal with the scaling when you have your results.

More importantly, you should probably reclass your raster if highly variable.  You can use a fine scale if desired, then deal with the polygon values in its attribute table

... sort of retired...
GabrielMesa
New Contributor II

Sorry for the late reply but this indeed work, using the Raster Calculator Tool I simply put the raster in and used the *100 operation on it which allowed me to convert it to polygon, after that I only had to de-scale it creating a new field with the field calculator. Thanks for the solution and I hope ESRI simplifies this process in the future.

0 Kudos