Geoprocessing service dynamic output in result map service

06-13-2021 03:07 AM
Labels (2)
ZdeněkJankovský
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I would like to let users upload DGN/DWG file to GPService and return the view of CAD features in result map service.

My script worked as expected in ArcMap + ArcGIS Server: DGN/DWG was the file input (upload enable), and Feature Dataset was output, which was picked by result map service and showed all feature classes in it.

But in ArcGIS Pro Feature dataset is no supported output parameter. And for result map service in ArcGIS Pro it is not possible to use multivalue output - Feature Class output with multivalue is not supported.

Every DGN/DWG can have different numbers of layers (Annotation, Points, Polygon, Polylines) so it is not possible to fix the script to the exact number of them.

Thank you for your suggestions.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SU00861536
New Contributor III

Hi, I want to upload DWG file from browser, and overlay the DWG file on Map( ArcGIS JS). Can you share some idea.

0 Kudos
ZdeněkJankovský
Esri Contributor

Hi, yes, we solve it with custom ExB widget and GP service like so:

- GP Service grabs/uploads a DWG file and converts it to SHP, to a prepared folder on the server disk, with custom unique name - for all layers in DWG. GP Service returns the array of all created unique names.

- There is a dynamic map service on the server, with Dynamic Layers enabled, and SHP workspace registered in the same directory where GP service created SHPs

- Custom ExB widget takes unique SHP names, SHP workspace ID and asks dynamic service for a map from this layers. Symbology of the layers is set in widget part.

This way you can get data from CAD to web application. If you find something easier, I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
SU00861536
New Contributor III

Hi @ZdeněkJankovský I also want to do same task to upload the DWG/DXF/DGN files on server and pass the file name as input into geoprocessing service and want to write geoprocessing services to handle the input and share the output as geojson format ...returned features will be displayed on map. Also want to test this solution with different formats of DWG/DXF/DGN to check the compatibility. Pls share some steps in this regard.

0 Kudos