Geocoding - Can't select input table or rematch addresses

09-27-2022 09:28 AM
Labels (1)
HeatherKetten2
New Contributor II
I'm having issues with geocoding in ArcGIS Pro version 2.9.2 (my organization has advised us to not update to 3.0+).

This process has worked in the past but I'm running into problems:

• Drag and drop CSV of addresses into the map frame. It appears as a standalone table at the bottom of the Table of Contents.
  • Right-click the standalone table, Geocode Table.
  • Select my custom geocoder (I've been using the same one for over a year, and it's been fine).

Issue 1: On "Step Two: About your table", the Input Table is blank, and I can't select or type anything in the box. Repeating this process doesn't fix it.

Somehow, after trying this dozens of times, it worked for one of my tables one time, and I was able to run the geocoder and get results. After geocoding it asks if you want to start the rematch process. I clicked Yes, but...

Issue 2: The Rematch Addresses window never opened. So I right-clicked the geocoded layer in the Table of Contents and tried to open Rematch Addresses from there. The side panel opens, but it either:

• Just says the title and loads forever with nothing else inside the box, or,
  • Finally loads but is an empty box, and the Attribute Table doesn't have any of the usual fields about matching - it's just the information from the original standalone table. The points do appear in the map frame.

I know from experience that there will be addresses in this file that need to be rematched, so something is wrong.

Other things I've tried:
  • Using other locators
  • Closing and reopening ArcMap
  • Logging in and out of ArcGIS Online
  • Rebooting computer
  • Recreating the file from scratch and trying again

Nothing is working. Any ideas?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@HeatherKetten2 

1. Do you get the same behavior if you run the Geocode Addresses tool in the Geoprocessing pane with the same csv file?

2. Does the csv file contain any spaces or special characters in the name or field names?

3. Are you able to upgrade to the latest 2.9 patch?

4. What was the output field option you selected in Geocode Table? (All, Minimal, Location Only)

5. What is the output format of the geocode result? (shapefile, file gdb)

0 Kudos