Formatting Reports in ArcGIS Pro dysfunctional

08-11-2021 12:21 PM
ZacharyUhlmann1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi.  I am having a bear formatting Reports in ArcGIS Pro.  Specifically with Attachments (photos in a grid in this case).  Not sure it's particular to attachments, but basically I am having two main issues that prevent me from basic formatting.  

1) One item per page.  When a report is created withOUT grouping, I am unable to list JUST one row of attributes (Details1, Details2, etc.) along with one photo grid of attachments per page without clunky solution.

formatting_reports1.jpg

Notice that two rows of attributes sandwich the attachment grid - which is confusing because the next page will begin directly with a photo grid but it's row of attributes is on this page - C-WCS1.  My solution was to place the attachment grid above the row.  Solves it, BUT another issue arises to this clunky solution -- See ALL the white space at bottom?

formatting_reports1a.jpg

2) In this instance I changed Y values to place Attachment Frame above all Detail Field[s].  This solves the one row, but it seems clunky.  So I'll try to uncheck the header and expand the Details (photo grid and rows) into that vacuous abandoned space. But I cannot move any content items into the space vacated by the Report Header - even if I unselect it.  So every page I am basically limted to 7.5 inches of report space because the top 3.5 (8.5 x 11 inch portrait) is restricted on EVERY page.  Which is strange because it's only used on the first page. 

formatting_reports_compare.JPG

So my questions are:

1) Is there a less clunky solution to the one row per page without grouping?

2) how can I reclaim use the whole page?  I cannot do this by manually changing formatting or by dragging the extent boxes of the items in the Report.  

Thanks and here's to one day learning to implement brevity!

Zach

0 Kudos
0 Replies