Formating date fields in ArcGIS Pro Report

02-25-2020 06:57 PM
DSIProvince_Nord
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to properly set date fields in a report :

Report is based on a hosted feature layer (Portal), open in AGPro and most of the report is working well but in the Details section, I try to add a field element from my feature service, which is a date field, and I am facing several issues 1- Field is from the FS and not from the current date or MapFrame date, so type="date" and type="time" does not work. And formatting the dynamic text (<dyn type="report" property="field-value" field="fin" format="dd/MM/yyyy"/>) doesn't work either. It is like the date field is considered a string-field

Alternatively I could set up an Arcade field returning a string value with date and/or time, but Arcade field seems not supported in Reports. Manually setting expression/expr0 in the dynamic field doesn't print the Arcade value but only the string "expression/expr0".

2- I have a time zone issue : Living in New Caledonia, the time zone is GMT+11. In my feature service, WebMap, web app etc... the time zone is correct, but in the report, it is not supported and every time before 11AM appears as the day before... I noticed in my feature service : Date fields Time Zone: UTC(Daylight Savings Time not supported), it may be related but I don't really know.

3- not related to the date field issue, I set an integer field with prestring, poststring and emptystring parameters (<dyn type="report" property="field-value" field="pr_m" preStr="+ " postStr=" m" emptyStr="..."/>) preStr and postStr work, but emptyStr doesn't work, maybe it works only with string field ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DSIProvince_Nord,

Could you pls share some screenshots to describe your problems? If you happen to have your web app/map public, that'd be great too.

thanks

Tanu

0 Kudos
TanyaBagley-Online
New Contributor III

Was this issue ever resolved? If so could you share the resolution? I am having the same issue with my date fields getting messed up from a hosted feature service. It works for a long time and then randomly stops working and it won't export the date properly and shows it as a string field. 

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

@TanyaBagley-Online 

We have been aware of some of those issues and working on fixing them all across the platform incrementally.

I hope this blog might help you - https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/mapping/working-with-agol-feature-services-date...

Arcade is still an issue though. Something must have broken recently. I will remove the bullet point in section B.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Thanks

0 Kudos
TanyaBagley-Online
New Contributor III
Hello,
The issue I am having is not with the time zone it is with date field being displayed as just a number instead of a date now when exporting the report to a pdf. It used to work fine and the date field was actually a date but recently, it now shows up wrong and even though I edit the field properties to make sure it is looking at the correct feature service and the correct field. It won't export showing an actual date?
See attached image
0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

ah.. sorry I misunderstood. Looks like the attachment didn't come thru. Can you ple reattach?

If you add a dynamic text on a layout to show values from a date field, do you see that works?

0 Kudos