Focal statistics error

04-23-2021 09:24 PM
DougTurk
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I'm getting an error running the Focal Statistics tool. My input raster is a DEM layer from the USGS Elevation Derivatives for National Applications (EDNA) Seamless Three-Dimensional Hydrologic Da.... I reprojected the horizontal coordinates to the USA Contiguous Albers Equal Area Conic USGS projected system, and the Z coordinate to the NAVD 1988 coordinate system. I've tried running the tool in both ModelBuilder and as a stand-alone geoprocess, but both error out. I've tried using different input parameters, such as Rectangle, Circle, etc., as well as different width and height values, and I've tried running different statistic types, but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

0 Kudos
22 Replies
DougTurk
New Contributor II

The process completed successfully. I'm now trying to rerun everything back in the original folder structure. So far, it's running okay, which leads me to believe that there was something going on in my system that the reboot cleared out. Perhaps something corrupt in my cache? Anyway, the problem seems to be resolved for now.

DougTurk
New Contributor II

I'm still having this same issue. Additional steps tried:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled ArcGIS Pro 
  • Deleted all version of the original DEM data, and redownloaded from EarthExplorer
  • Downloaded SRTM data

None of this has fixed the issue. Again, this only occurs using a DEM for a geoprocess, such as the Slope tool, Aspect tool, Focal Statistics tool, etc. I have no issue using the DEM layers with the Raster Functions. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The .lyrx file doesn't work.

I would contact tech support since nothing has help so far.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos