Select to view content in your preferred language

Flip Lines geoprocessing tool is caught in a perpetual loop in Arc Pro 3.0.

07-12-2022 05:09 PM
MichaelMorgan4
Regular Contributor

In Arc Pro 3.0, the Flip Lines geoprocessing tool appears to be stuck in a "running" state, and canceling the tool gets stuck canceling. I am going on 14 minutes now, so the wait is real. I have attempted this same operation twice, and each time, I needed to end Arc Pro by the Task Manager.

This tool is working on 4 selected lines in a Road Centerline feature class, which is contained in an enterprise geodatabase in MS SQL Server.

I have not had the occasion to try flipping individual lines by editing vertices yet. I might report on that later.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could run a Check Geometry or a Repair Geometry first before trying to flip

Repair Geometry (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MichaelMorgan4
Regular Contributor

Not on a versioned feature class.

Maybe that's the problem. This is a feature class that is versioned, and has a replica present.

Right now I am synchronizing changes, to get its state count down to 1, and it is stuck in a loop. This tells me that this problem is a little deeper than a simple edit tool.

0 Kudos
MichaelMorgan4
Regular Contributor

Update:

The database in which this feature class is has been fully compressed, and the feature class is fully reconciled to one version state. The Flip Line tool still crashes, does not cancel, and forces a program restart through Task Manager.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

With the new details regarding your situation, I would strongly recommend contacting Tech Support.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
WilliamKresan
Emerging Contributor

This is really interesting, I'm encountering the same problem on a Polygon to Line execution. Stuck in a perpetual "Running..." state and if I attempt to cancel the tool Pro requires a Task Manager termination. 

There's no reason that this should struggle as it's a single lot in it's own Selected Layer within the map contents. I'm going to just generate a temporary feature and complete my task but I'd like to understand what is causing the issue; I'm sure this will burden me again soon.

Did you reach out to Tech Support on your issue, @MichaelMorgan4? Hope you found a resolution to your problem, either way.

0 Kudos
MichaelMorgan4
Regular Contributor

I had not reached out to tech support yet on this issue, but I suppose I could test it again in the latest version 3.0.3. I figured it was something that just would require a software patch.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I upgraded to ArcPro 3.1.0 just a few weeks ago. I attempted to use the flip line tool on a single selection and I also see that the tool is Running... for much longer than usual and it doesn't seem to complete. Any update on this? I'm in the same situation - updating geometry of a feature class in a versioned gdb. I have seen a bit of weird behaviour with this feature class recently i.e. edits are committed as soon as I update a feature and I cannot choose to save or discard the changes. In the meantime, I've been using the replace feature geometry tool to make the changes but it is very tedious. 

SHartholt_0-1680271853377.png

0 Kudos
mjdmorgan
Emerging Contributor

This appears to be working in 3.1.1, which is the patch released just yesterday or last week. I am just doing a trial run on 2 road centerline features, which is the layer I was working on originally.