Finding distance from one xy-point to several within another feature class

10-23-2019 01:21 AM
MarcusPercival1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a table of bakeries (large scale factories actually) with XY-coordinates. In another table I have suppliers of Milk, Nuts and Honey listed. Example data in Excel below:

Bakeries:

Suppliers:

Is there a way to calculate distance from each supplier to Bakery1. Bonus question, is there a way to calculate distance from Bakery1 to all suppliers within 100km?

I currently have a standard license of ArcGis Pro.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

Smells like homework

Try "XY to line". "Construct sight lines" is also useful for 1:n scenarios. As for the second, just do a spatial selection first.

0 Kudos
MarcusPercival1
New Contributor II

Thank you will try this and report back

Actually not homework, tried to simplify the problem to be able to explain. The industry is automotive and the categories are around 100

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is a tool specifically made for this:  Generate Near Table—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

MarcusPercival1
New Contributor II

Thanks. I know there is Generate Near Table my problem is that it is an Advanced license to use it and I only have access to standard license. So unfortunately not a solution for me

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
JohannesBierer
0 Kudos
MervynLotter

You can also try a Spatial Join and under Match Option, select Closest. This will then add a field in your attribute table with the closest distance.  You can then also limit this search distance to say 100 km if you set a value in the Search Radius field. 

0 Kudos