Filtering table by visible maplex labels?

Jump to solution
10-04-2022 05:18 PM
DaleJackan1
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I don't think this is possible in ArcGIS Pro, but I thought I would ask. Can you filter the records shown for a feature based on what labels the maplex engine is showing? The use case is if I have only some streets labeled on a map due to maplex settings I then might need to create a street index based on only the visible labels. If the table would automatically filter the records then it would make creating the street index for a city or county map much easier. By the same reasoning if you could filter the records by display filter that would also be useful, is that also possible?

Cheers,

Dale

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

I would convert the annotations to labels, which would create a table based on all place-able labels. 

Not sure on display filter - i know you can filter layers that have display filters, not sure about records.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

I would convert the annotations to labels, which would create a table based on all place-able labels. 

Not sure on display filter - i know you can filter layers that have display filters, not sure about records.

0 Kudos
DaleJackan1
New Contributor II

Thank you this helped. When I made the annotation layer each annotation record had the feature GlobalID from the layer which it was derived. I just joined it back to that layer by GlobalID and did an attribute selection based on the field unique to the annotation layer and that gave me all of the streets the annotation corresponded to. Depending upon how you want to do it if needed you could just export the selection set as a table or as a feature class and you are good to go for making your street index. Again thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Dale

0 Kudos