Files disappear when setting data source

Jump to solution
06-28-2022 03:23 PM
Labels (1)
BarbaraDabney
New Contributor III

ArcGISPro v.2.7 - Very New Beginner - Set Data Source - Files disappearing from desired new data source folder.

I need to reset a lot of my data sources for my layers. I know where I want to link my data source but when I navigate there, the folder is empty so I cannot select a file name. Selection Type says "All Types" and that is the only option.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraDabney
New Contributor III

I don't know how to withdraw a question but we figured out that the right TYPE of data was not in the folder. Once we put it in, we were able to reset the data sources. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Hit the 'refresh' icon in the navigation pane.

If the data was added after the folder/geodatabase was indexed in Catalog, you need to refresh the window to see it. If it is still not there, it's likely the data may not be there - check the data exists (i.e. in Windows File Explorer)

0 Kudos
BarbaraDabney
New Contributor III

Thank you. I already tried that but it still says container is empty. The folder definitely has files in it because they show in Explorer.

0 Kudos
BarbaraDabney
New Contributor III

I don't know how to withdraw a question but we figured out that the right TYPE of data was not in the folder. Once we put it in, we were able to reset the data sources. Thanks.

0 Kudos