File selection error with ArcGIS Pro

06-08-2023 06:09 AM
Labels (2)
ZwickMichael
New Contributor II

One person of the class could not select files from his local device in ArcGIS Pro. The navigation to the interesting folder ist possible but afterwards the geodata files are not shown. There is a curious "Default" selection below (see image below). That is the main difference between the functionalities in the class. But it happens for every file selection in ArcGIS Pro. Does someone have an idea how to solve this problem? Thanks for an answer.

fileSelection.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Strange....mine seems to be working fine.  I am using Pro v2.9....what version is yours??

BrianBulla_0-1686233077334.png

0 Kudos
ZwickMichael
New Contributor II

Hi BrianBulla. We are using ArcGIS Pro 3.1 for the whole class. Just one person are not able to select specific datasets because the field datatype has the value "Default". It happend for every data selection. Your field value "Tables and Attribute Tables ..." looks much better. Is there an option to specify the content in the datatype field? Or is it an option on Windows and not in ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

No options as far as I am aware.  I don't remember ever changing any settings that would affect what is shown there.

0 Kudos
ZwickMichael
New Contributor II

We updated the software but could not see a difference. After the reinstallation of the software the error was gone. Nevertheless, thanks for your time!