I am working from ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3, win 10 64bit, with a file database that is stored on a network drive. After running the Feature Class to Feature Class tool and loading in some data to the new feature class, my database has become locked. When I try to edit any of the information within the database, I get an error message in Pro which states "unable to edit feature". I opened Desktop and I get an error message saying that "I do not have the required permissions".
While I have the ability to recover my database, I am concerned that this issue will present itself again when I run the tool in the future.
Does anyone know what could be going on?
This thread is for desktop and mentions some issues. - https://community.esri.com/thread/63440
One person reported an issue using pro and something that may be a result of how metadata is being stored. :
I have seen some similar issues---more so the permissions issue on the network folder.
I'm going to pull out some key information in regards to the issue and hopefully can get to the bottom of it.
Are you able to export anything from this file gdb such as doing a feature class to feature class? Or does it fail completely? Are you able to send this zipped file gdb for me to take a look at it?
Has a solution been found to this problem reported by the original poster? We are experiencing this kind of geodatabase corruption. It appears to be read only, but feature classes can be freely edited in Pro. When we try to start an edit session in ArcMap, we see the same message about not being able to access the geodatabase. Attempts to reset the permissions on the geodatabase fail to do anything in Windows Explorer.
I just experienced the same issue. Working in ArcGIS Pro, I ran the "Create Transects Along Line" tool, with the output set to a new feature class in my project's file geodatabase. I closed completely out of ArcGIS Pro and found that I could no longer edit any feature classes within ArcGIS Desktop. Unfortunately, the "Recover File Geodatabase" tool was not very helpful because it doesn't recover the internal structure of the file geodatabase (eg feature datasets). Not wanting to roll back to a backup (in fear of losing hours of work), I ended up just copying the feature classes into a new file geodatabase. This should be fixed. It's this sort of incompatibility/unreliability that is slowing the adoption of Pro.