File geodatabase feature dataset showing empty after upgrade to 2.7 and rollback to 2.6.3

01-31-2021 02:40 PM
Labels (3)
SianDoherty1
New Contributor III

I am having some severe issues with 2 installations of ArcGIS Pro on 2 different machines. I thought i would upgrade to 2.7 and that was the start of all the issues. 

Firstly i can't export maps properly in one installation - it still has the same problem as 2.7 despite uninstalling 2.7, reinstalling 2.6.3, uninstalling 2.6.3 and cleaning out the registry and installing again. I can export to PDF via Python so there's a workaround on that for now.

Secondly my file geodatabases that contain feature datasets and were originally created in ArcMap 10.6 show empty feature datasets in ArcGIS Pro 2.6.3 (both installations). They appear fine in ArcCatalog 10.7 and also ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3 on another installation. 

I have a support case in about the first issue and they are 'trying to reproduce the issue'. The second one is just baffling me.

Is there a proper way to uninstall versions when you have to rollback due to issues that impact day-to-day business processes? If so what are the additional steps because this is getting ridiculous. I have 2 installations that I just continue to find very buggy since having to rollback to 2.6.3.

Thanks in advance for any tips, tricks or solutions. 

0 Replies