Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature falls outside of output geometry domains not allowing me to create web map

10-10-2022 05:45 PM
Joshua_H
New Contributor II

I am trying to create a web map in ArcGIS Pro for field data collection purposes. I have a shapefile given by an engineer from CAD for survey station points for the project. When I try to share the map to ArcGIS Online, it fails because this particular layer continues to give the warning: 000594 Input feature X: falls outside of output geometry domains. I have tried to set the extent but nothing is working.

*I have been to ESRIs "help" page for that given Warning. It does not help me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

So it is less than 2 Gig in size, and you tried a featureclass in a file geodatabase to see if there are any geometry issues?

... sort of retired...
Joshua_H
New Contributor II

It's just a point shape file. Barely a few MB. What exactly are you referring to, "trying a featureclass in a file geodatabase to see if there are any geometry issues"? As in create a new featureclass within the geodatabase I obtained the previous shape file from? Sorry for the confusion. I've been out of the game for a couple of years, and now I'm trying to learn ArcGIS Pro and Online mapping from scratch.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Shapefiles suffer from a lot of issues that a featureclasses don't.  The conversion process to a fc into a geodatabase will check for/correct geometry and extent issues.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos