Select to view content in your preferred language

Failing to install Spyder on ArcPro 3.1.0

03-09-2023 01:39 AM
RArosio
New Contributor

Hi all

I have recently updated ArcPro to ArcPro 3.1.0 but now I am having issues re-installing Spyder. I have made a "clean" ArcPro uninstall (https://esribelux.com/helpdeskitem/clean-uninstall-of-arcgis-pro/) and tried to install Spyder again (using "conda install spyder --no-pin --dry-run" first, as Dan Patterson suggested, https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcgis-pro-2-9-2-unable-to-install-spyder/td-p/11...) but still having troubles. Any idea on what is going on?

RArosio_0-1678353500298.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are issues with esri's supported versions of ipython/jupyter_client.  You are missing ipython from initial appearances, so esri has an older version of spyder on the esri channel so if you want 5.1.5 then drop the --no-pin and try it in your clone.

I on the other hand, used a  ... pip install spyder ... to get spyder=5.4.1 installed (which isn't recommended, but I really don't care)

Spyder install - Esri Community

others have given up

Script Editor in ArcPro 3.1.0 not honoured, help! - Esri Community

I can't wait until people want pandas 2.0

... sort of retired...
RArosio
New Contributor

Hi Dan

thanks for the help. In the meantime I followed another advice of yours in other posts and installed spyder in the base environment. It worked, but I cannot import arcpy... I will try with 5.1.5 in a clone.

RArosio_0-1678362017219.png

0 Kudos
RArosio
New Contributor

Even with pip arcpy cannot be imported...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You have other issues then.

I would recommend a complete uninstall of Pro.

Rename any esri related folders in your c:\users\.... local  pathway

Rename any esri related registry entries

eg.  a clean slate

Install Pro, create a clone, try to install spyder using conda (skip no-pin for now) and see if that works.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos