Failed to open project: Project does not exist in its last saved location

Jump to solution
04-29-2020 08:08 AM
StephanieShaw1
New Contributor III

I am trying to "open another project" and I get this error:

Error message

I can see the file in windows explorer but it will not open via clicking from windows explorer or in Pro.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stephanie! 

I'd recommend updating the location that the files are being unpacked to. You can access that by going to Settings > Options > Share and Download. Afterwards, you can update the directory to a local directory to the machine. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I'd also recommend checking that the storage isn't full at your folder location and that your folder isn't read-only. Hope that helps! 

Vivien

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stephanie! 

I'd recommend updating the location that the files are being unpacked to. You can access that by going to Settings > Options > Share and Download. Afterwards, you can update the directory to a local directory to the machine. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I'd also recommend checking that the storage isn't full at your folder location and that your folder isn't read-only. Hope that helps! 

Vivien

StephanieShaw1
New Contributor III

that worked thanks!

Stephanie J. Shaw

Transportation/GIS Analyst

NW Arkansas Regional Planning Commission

1311 Clayton St.

Springdale, AR 72762

479.751.7125 x 107 (office)

sshaw@nwarpc.org

http://nwarpc.org/

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Stephanie - found this GeoNet thread that seems related to what you're experiencing.  Scroll down on the page to Damien Mansell's solution - what is the result?  Please advise.

StephanieShaw1
New Contributor III

this worked, thanks!

Stephanie J. Shaw

Transportation/GIS Analyst

NW Arkansas Regional Planning Commission

1311 Clayton St.

Springdale, AR 72762

479.751.7125 x 107 (office)

sshaw@nwarpc.org

http://nwarpc.org/

0 Kudos