I attempted to use the Extract Values to Points tool in ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2 with a set of about 1,000 points and a single band raster. Everything I tried resulted in null values or -9999, which I understand means null. I switched to ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.1 and used the same tool with the same data to perform the same task and it worked just fine. Is there something new about the way Pro is using this tool? Thanks!
Exactly the same issue with ArcGIS Pro 2.2!
In ArcGIS Pro, my point feature class has 47 points and only 2 points got an elevation from a SRTM1 Mosaic dataset. While in ArcGIS 10.5, all got an elevation from SRTM1 from the same Mosaic dataset.
Moreover, the Extract Values to Points tool in ArcGIS Pro 2.2 truncated my points shapefile! Any points falling outside the raster geographic extent were simply deleted from the output shapefile! Not a good behaviour.
For the time being, I don't have any option than reverting to ArcGIS 10.5 for this geoprocessing.
ESRI please fix this tool asap.
Vincent... Do you have permissions?
If so go to My Esri (top right), go to your organization, then support... If you have permission to open cases, then you can, otherwise, you have to get the person with permissions to add you to the permission list and/or get them to do it. With the last open... if you try to be as confusing as possible, they normally just add you so that they don't have to deal with bugs or you again
The most common cause of this type of discrepancy is that the analysis extent has not been expressly set in the processing environments. Can you check the environments that were used.
at the bottom of that link, you can examine the environment settings that are honored by the tool... which means, if they aren't set or known, then all bets are off on the outcome.
In Environments settings, the Default and Union extents behave like the Intersection. It is rather misleading and this is certainly not the behaviour you would expect!
Apologies, I had forgotten about this question until I was notified of your responses. I took the advice of examining the environments (I am now in ArcGIS Pro 2.2) and made some adjustments there, namely setting the Output Coordinate System the same as the current map and the tool then worked. Kind of annoyed at myself for not thinking of that sooner.