Extract picture marker/stroke/fill from a symbol

09-07-2018 11:34 AM
BradJones3
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to extract a picture marker/stroke/fill from a layer symbol to use in another layer?  I have downloaded some ArcGIS Pro Styles (many from John Nelson) and I would like to use some of the picture symbols with some other layers symbols I have created.  For instance, I would like to use the little hill picture markers from his forest water color in my sand dune symbol (which I stole from John and modified).

There have been many instances where I wanted to do this, but I just went into GIMP or Inkscape and created it myself.

This would save time. 

JohnMy sand dunes (stolen from John)

5 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
BradJones3
Occasional Contributor

What I want to do is get the individual symbol layer (more specifically picture symbol from the symbol layer) and use it in another symbol.

This doesn't cover it...unless I'm missing something

0 Kudos
BradJones3
Occasional Contributor

Good grief!  I'm a walking typo

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@BradJones3 

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am looking to do something similar.  Take a downloaded style and make a simple change.  Add a line picture marker from within the style to a polygon border and I can't seem to figure it out.  The images seem to locked behind the style. Might have to make my own style just to get around this.

0 Kudos
BradJones3
Occasional Contributor

Nope.  I don't think there is a way.

0 Kudos