'External sharing process failed'

06-05-2017 08:03 AM
MaxMarno
New Contributor III

Attempting to share a FC as web layer.  Error occurs even with different projects, layers, and Active Portals.

ArcGIS Pro 1.41

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeenaBowman
Occasional Contributor

Hi, this is the first time I have encountered this error - have published plenty of FC as web service from Pro 1.4.1.  Curiously, I was able to publish the same FC as a hosted feature service from Desktop 10.3.1.

0 Kudos
JeffBoykin
New Contributor

I have the same issue.  Running Pro 1.4.1

0 Kudos
MikeSautkulis
New Contributor III

I just came across this issue with ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2. I haven't attempted to publish anything in a month or two (probably since last update). However, I did come across this help article...

Error: External sharing process failed 

According to the article I must have a separate Python install, which I don't appear to. I have neither the Environment Variables for it, nor is it listed in Apps & Features (Win 10). The first two fixes pertain to the Python Env Vars. The third recommends zipping a shapefile and publishing it directly to ArcGIS Online (I'd rather not since the source data is an FGDB FC). And the final fix is completely uninstalling/reinstalling ArcGIS Pro, but who has the time.

I will try publishing from ArcMap if I can't figure it out. 

0 Kudos
MartinLutz
New Contributor

I have this issue also with ArcGIS Pro 2.2. engl. version. I created a new project with basemaps, server-connections, wms-connestions, several layouts, an own style-file and had some FC references in the basemap. Afther all this configurations I tried to share a project template (Erstellen einer Projektvorlage—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop) once in the cloud, once local but everytime the error "External sharing process failed" occured. With a blank projekt was the sharing process succesful. So I deleted one at the time all what I configurated and located the problem. The problem ist the style-file (Speichern einer Style-Datei—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop). My new *.stylx file (even when its empty) blocked the sharing process. After I deleted all the new created style-files in the project, the sharing process worked fine for the cloud and local.

I also tried to share the style-file for the web (Freigeben eines Web-Styles—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop) and I get an error and it failed!

0 Kudos
MartinLutz
New Contributor

It seems, that they have fixed the problem with a software patch.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-7SLqM7dlvYNN
New Contributor III

I'm getting the same error with Pro 2.2.4 - publishing from a local file geodatabase to a federated 10.5.1 Portal with 'Copy all data' selected and no warnings/errors shown when Analyze is run.

It seems like it's a fairly generic error which can have multiple causes.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1.

- Checked for Windows environmental varibles for Python = none

- Tried to publish to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Portal = same problem

- Recently uninstalled and installed ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1

0 Kudos