Exporting rendered shaded relief DEM fails

Jump to solution
08-11-2022 12:20 AM
ErikKjellman
New Contributor III

I am trying to skip using the raster function for shaded relief in order to speed up the process of creating shaded reliefs for a third party software. The way I do it is by using the shaded relief primary symbology for the DEM and then exporting it with the as rendered option selected. Problem is that this results in failed to export without further explanation. When I deselect as rendered, the file exports as expected.

Is it not possible to do this? I was sure I had done it this way before, but now I can't seem to get it to work with any dataset.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikKjellman
New Contributor III

So it turns out to be a small but easy solution to this; in order to export as rendered with shaded relief, force RGB must be selected. 

I do find it a bit annoying that there is nothing that would indicate that force RGB must be selected for this. I would think this would be an easy implementation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ErikKjellman
New Contributor III

So it turns out to be a small but easy solution to this; in order to export as rendered with shaded relief, force RGB must be selected. 

I do find it a bit annoying that there is nothing that would indicate that force RGB must be selected for this. I would think this would be an easy implementation.

0 Kudos