Exporting a feature class to a gdb destroys it if it's named the same

Jump to solution
09-03-2019 02:37 AM
LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

So I run feature class to feature class, pick a MP layer, pick the GDB it sits in and name the output the same as the input, expecting an overwrite or maybe an error like in ArcMap. Instead Pro destroys the original layer, throws error 000210 and leaves me with nothing. When's Pro coming out of beta?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi everyone following this thread - it looks like the fix is approved for ArcGIS Pro 2.4 Patch 2, so keep an eye out for that later this month (I believe that September 26th is the anticipated availability date).  L R‌ I'm sorry that you ran into this, but looks like we'll get it in the upcoming patch.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

was your overwrite outputs setting set to True?

0 Kudos
LR
by

It was, that's why I was expecting an overwrite. It's off now so Pro can't wreck more files, but it looks like I'll stick with good ol Map+FME for a while longer anyway

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Was anyone locking the feature class within the GDB when running the tool?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
LR
by

Nope, just one instance of Pro running (without template, if that matters), with a local gdb.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I ran the same workflow with ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 and got the same error when running outside of a template. When running the process in a project that has been saved or existing, the error did not occur.

I am not sure if that is expected behavior without a template or not. If you need to do this outside of a template (in a temp project) I would contact Esri Technical Support and have them confirm the behavior is as expected.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi L R‌ 

Sorry that you're running into this.  This was recently reported to technical support and we have logged [BUG-000124936: Exporting or copying a dataset to a new feature class or table where the output path is the same as the input path fails with error 000210, and deletes the input dataset.]  We're working with the development team to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

Thank you

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi everyone following this thread - it looks like the fix is approved for ArcGIS Pro 2.4 Patch 2, so keep an eye out for that later this month (I believe that September 26th is the anticipated availability date).  L R‌ I'm sorry that you ran into this, but looks like we'll get it in the upcoming patch.