ETL migration to Utility Network model: GLOBALID issue

07-25-2022 02:45 AM
Labels (1)
xyz_AL
by
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm working on an ETL procedure to migrate data in an Utility Network model. The ETL procedure takes some data from a geometric network feature dataset as input and migrate them in a new gdb based on the asset package gdb of Water Model Foundation (reprojected): before doing that I've applied the Change Asset Package Spatial Reference tool to the asset package gdb of Water Model Foundation in order to have all my UN data in the same spatial reference of the input data.

The procedure works well, but some data in the output gdb have all the GLOBALID equal to {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}.

The strange thing is that in the same output gdb I've both data with invalid GID (all the data in UtilityNetwork feature dateset) and data with valid GID (all the data in an another feature dataset: data coming from the same geometric network input feature dataset but temporarly parked in a "other_data" feature dataset in the output gdb). See the following schema:

output GDB

feature dataset: other data

data with one field GID (valid)

feature dataset: UtilityNetwork

data with one field GID (invalid)

I've also tried to set GlobalID in the Feature Dataset properties of the Asset Package but in this case the result is:

output GDB

feature dataset: other data

data with one field GID (valid) in the attribute table

feature dataset: UtilityNetwork

data with one field GID (invalid) and one field GID_1 (valid) in the attribute table

The original input data (with the geometric network) contained no GID.

Hope everything is clear. Any idea about what it's happening?

Thanks in advance

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2

0 Kudos
1 Reply
xyz_AL
by
New Contributor III

UPDATE

The problem is not related to the ETL process. It happens after I've applied the "Change Asset Package Spatial Reference" tool: the result is a new asset package GDB with schema and no data in the UtilityNetwork feature dataset.

If I try to add a new feature, for example a new Device, its Global ID is {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}. This happens, maybe, because of the Relationship Class linked to the feature class.

However the solution seems not to be running the "Add Global IDs" tool: although the new (valid) GID_1 will be correctly linked in the relationship class, the old (invalid) GID will still be present in the attribute table.

So in the attribute table I'll have two global id fields (one invalid and one valid) but this is cause of error if I apply the "Asset Package to Geodatabase" tool because "multiple Global ID fields"!

So......???

0 Kudos