Error when trying to publish Feature Service

Jump to solution
04-24-2023 06:32 AM
Labels (3)
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to publish a feature service with a polygon layer using ArcPro and am getting an error when analyzing: 00134 Layer's data source is not supported (Feature Service). The map document contains a single polygon feature class that I want to publish as a feature service. According to the Esri documentation this error occurs when sharing a Map image layer. I have been using ArcPro for about 7 years and I have no idea what this is. I am guessing that the real reason for the error is because the geodatabase isn't registered. When attempting to register the gdb, however, the Manage Registered Data Stores' pane only displays: "Date stores cannot be registered to ArcGIS Online". Not sure what I am missing, It's been a while since I published a feature service, but I don't remember it being this difficult.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So are you trying to publish this feature service to an Enterprise Portal or AGOL?  I think if it's not a federated service, then the data will just get copied into AGOL and it will be editable from AGOL but it will not have a connection to the original source location as the data has been uploaded (copied) to AGOL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So are you trying to publish this feature service to an Enterprise Portal or AGOL?  I think if it's not a federated service, then the data will just get copied into AGOL and it will be editable from AGOL but it will not have a connection to the original source location as the data has been uploaded (copied) to AGOL.

0 Kudos
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, I think you are correct. The documentation was a little vague and I interpreted to mean that as long as the gdb was registered I was good to go. Still don't know why I wasn't able to register the gdb, I have done if before without issue unless it was because I had an attribute rule being applied. Unfortunately the error wasn't much help.

0 Kudos