Error when splitting a line in a feature class within a feature dataset in ArcGis Pro

08-29-2019 12:00 PM
DonnaArnett
New Contributor

I am getting this error when attempting to split a line in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1. The layer I'm trying to split is a feature class within a geodatabase feature dataset. I was able to successfully split a line once I moved the layer outside the feature dataset. Also, we successfully split the line in the same feature dataset in arcmap. Is there something we need to set in Pro that will allow us to split a line from layers in a feature dataset? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Donna,

I can't reproduce this issue. I can split line features that are part of a feature dataset with no issue. Is this feature class specific, feature dataset specific, geodatabase specific? How to find out:

1. If you create a new line feature class in the same feature dataset and create a new line and attempt to split it, do you get the same error?
  2. What happens if you create a new feature dataset and copy the original line feature class to it?
  3. What happens if you create a new line feature class in the new feature dataset?
  4. What happens if you create a new geodatabase and do the same?

Once you narrow down the issue, perhaps a call to Esri Technical Support is in order? Esri Support Contact Support 

Let me know.

Thanks!

-Scott