Error Required Microsoft Driver is not installed?

07-30-2019 07:22 AM
deleted-user-yC5VkbyXzrQR
Occasional Contributor

Anyone else getting this error trying to open an excel sheet in ArcPro 2.4.

On my co-workers computer it works fine on 2.4. 

The only thing difference that I know is that I'm using a clone python enviro. 

14 Replies
ElaineEvans
Esri Contributor

Hi!   @DanPatterson_Retired@AlexKweya@TrevorGardner1  @ZacharyHart,  @SJeltema @JoshuaBixby 

Here's a couple of items to note:

• The 64-bit Microsoft driver was not supported with ArcGIS Pro 2.4, therefore you must install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable 32-bit driver.  Depending on the Microsoft products already installed on your machine and the bit-level installed for these Microsoft products, most likely you will need to perform a silent install of the 32-bit driver.
  • Check out this Guide to connecting to Excel files in ArcGIS Pro for complete driver installation instructions, including access to this decision tree to help determine the appropriate driver to install along with the steps needed to apply a silent install of the driver required to use Excel files in ArcGIS Pro.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, thanks!

AlexKweya
New Contributor III

Thank you for this @ElaineEvans.

I however seem to not have the issue anymore. I noticed that since my latest ArcGIS Pro install (2.9), I can connect to  Excel files, surprisingly without Microsoft Access Database Engine driver, I think. I don't remember installing Microsoft Access Database Engine nor can I find it on my system.

I used a 64-bit Microsoft Office Click-to-Run (CTR) installation for my Office products.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@AlexKweya, up until a certain Pro 2.x version (I can't remember the exact version), ArcGIS Pro was not looking for the Office data drivers in the right place when users had Click-to-Run (CTR) installations, so users had to install the MS Access Database Engine driver even if they had an MS Office CTR installation.  That issue has been corrected.

0 Kudos
AlexKweya
New Contributor III

That's a relief to know. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RodolfoGomesdeOliveira
New Contributor

I didn't find a solution so I used free online tools to convert the file into kml. Hope it helps

0 Kudos