Error on creating query layer

Jump to solution
01-22-2021 07:25 AM
Labels (3)
ClaudiaBlagu2
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am struggling with a issue related to one geodatabase that I am using for publishing some services on the Portal. I have a Azure SQL server instance with collation set up on Latin, and under that I have 3 databases, 2 of which are having same collation as the server, and another one with collation set to Lithuanian.

If I try to create a query layer in ArcGIS Pro from the SQL database with collation on Lithuanian I get the message that there is an error and the conflict between Latin and Lithuanian cannot be solved.

Can anyone support on how to solve this?

Much appreciate any help.

Claudia

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Claudia - hmmm...that's not good.  I would recommend reaching out to Esri Support Services to see if this is a new BUG or something else is going on.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Claudia - this seems related to BUG-000129828 - Enabling a Microsoft Azure SQL Database with Hebrew_CI_AS collation as an enterprise geodatabase in ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap fails with ERROR:  Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Hebrew_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.  It does show it being fixed at ArcGIS 10.8.1 though.  What release of ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap are you using?

ClaudiaBlagu2
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Currently I am using ArcMap 10.7.1 and ArcGIS Pro 2.6. I will try to update and see if I receive same error. Thanks for pointing the bug.

0 Kudos
ClaudiaBlagu2
New Contributor II

@Robert_LeClair I updated the version, but the error still persists. I updated the ArcGIS Pro version though, as this is the one that is being used by our staff. Should we switch to ArcMap for the query layers?

Many thanks.

C.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Claudia - hmmm...that's not good.  I would recommend reaching out to Esri Support Services to see if this is a new BUG or something else is going on.