Entering a traverse curve with Central Angle, Radius, and Arc Length?

04-01-2020 09:36 AM
ChristopherBertrand
Occasional Contributor

I have a number of parcel descriptions that include curves that are described with central angle, radius, and arc length.  The problem is how to enter it into the traverse tool in Pro.  Based on the curve overrides section in Enter a traverse—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation, the central angle (delta) occupies the same entry spot as the arc length.  Additionally, when I try to enter the central angle with the override (24-47-31d) it sends the cursor back to the direction column with no entry for my delta.  #

I've been getting around this problem before by stopping at the point of curvature and entering backwards from the point of beginning to the other side of the curve and then using the End Point Arc Segment tool and entering the radius.  Simple, sort of.  But now I have a parcel to enter that has 2 curves and unless I can find how to enter this combination of variables I'm stuck. 

2 Replies
mcguerd
New Contributor II

Say did you ever hear any answers for entering the central angle. I am having the same issue. Need either an example or different short-cut. Have you figured it out??

0 Kudos
JillFlachskam2
New Contributor

You don't need to enter all three of these parameters, the third one is a geometric function of the other two.  They're probably tangent curves if you're not given a chord direction.