Divide tool in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2

05-10-2019 02:00 PM
MikeSchiewe
New Contributor II

When using the Divide tool in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2, I get the error message circled in red in the two images below on all polygons tried.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for any insight.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

What is the source of the data?  File gdb, shapefile, enterprise gdb (if so, what RDBMS?)

How many vertices are in those polygons you're trying to cut?  Do you get the same error with all polygons, or only some - what are the differences between the polygons that error out and those that don't?

Have you run Check Geometry on the feature class?

0 Kudos
MikeSchiewe
New Contributor II

FGDB for the format.  Below screenshot shows the vertices for one of the polys. Checked geometry and all is well there. I have had some success splitting horizontally, but not vertically.

TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hi Mike, thank you for reporting this, and for including the screen-shots. Using the information that you've provided I was able to replicate the error message.

A work-around is to set your map properties to a projection. I did a quick test and confirmed that once the map is projecting on the fly from the geographic coordinate system of the stored data into a projection, then the Divide works as expected:

Divide Polygon stored in Geographic Coordinate System - use a map projection.

-Tim