display the POINTS feature on a large scale, but when small scale the selection will be the POLYGON feature

Jump to solution
01-20-2020 10:23 AM
FabioLuiz
New Contributor III

Objective

I want my polygon (which is related to a database with cardinality 1: many) to have the appearance and selection of a polygon up to the limit of a low scale, after a certain scale this feature has the appearance of a point and also be selected as a point, which will be associated with the same database.
The final product will have a query of a mass of data in an application on ArcGIS Online.

Attempt 1
I created a Relationship Class for the polygon with database 1: Many;
I created a feature using the Feoco Para Ponto geoprocessing tool;
Then I created another Relationship Class with the dot feature for the same tabular basis of the other feature; error 999999 occurs.

Attempt 2
Using the Connect features tool (point and polygon), the polygon was already connected to the tabular base; the result was not as expected, generating a third feature with only the statistics of the two.

Attempt 3
I created a Polygon with Dot Relationship Class;
I created a Ponto Relationship Class based on tabular data; as a result I have a hierarchy where the selected point displays the tabular data associated with the polygon, but a point does not select the polygon.

Is there another way?

Thanks

Fábio Luiz
São Paulo Brazil

Sorry for my English

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamEversole1
Esri Contributor

Hello Fabio, 

It sounds like a combination of multiple map layers with 'Visibility Range' can help display the points or polygons layers at the different scales. For viewing the related data, The Attribute Table can also show a selection of all related records. Here is the documentation for both:

Display layers at certain scales—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

View related data—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Hope this detail helps!

-Adam

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AdamEversole1
Esri Contributor

Hello Fabio, 

It sounds like a combination of multiple map layers with 'Visibility Range' can help display the points or polygons layers at the different scales. For viewing the related data, The Attribute Table can also show a selection of all related records. Here is the documentation for both:

Display layers at certain scales—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

View related data—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Hope this detail helps!

-Adam