Display Point Location of Query Layer with Lat/Long Attributes

11-30-2022 01:57 AM
Labels (2)
IvinnyAraujo
New Contributor

Hi Everyone.

I am trying to create a query layer in ArcGIS Pro by connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server Non Spatial database. The SQL query contains Joins and Where clause (not sure if this may influence something).

The retrieved data contains Lat and Long attributes and I want to display these locations on the map. However, after validating the SQL query, the Spatial Property is not active to me. This way, when the data is added, it is added as tabular data only.

IvinnyAraujo_0-1669801774782.png

I could use the 'Display XY Data' option (see below). However, this would generate a layer in my local machine that would not update whenever the data changes in the database. 

IvinnyAraujo_1-1669801888309.png

Is there a way to activate the Spatial Property option when creating the Query Layer to automatically display locations based on the Lat/Long attributes of my source data query in ArcGIS Pro? That would guarantee that any data is displayed or will disappear from the map whenever the job status change in the database system.

IvinnyAraujo_2-1669802057770.png

Thanks 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I think the GP tool you want to use is the Make XY Event Layer GP tool as a note from one of the help dialogs states - "If you are working with tabular data that updates often, you may want to create an x,y event layer instead. In this case, use the Make XY Event Layer tool directly."

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos