Dimension labels in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
11-26-2020 07:12 AM
Labels (1)
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to change the text that appears with my newly created dimensions. The dimensions that I have created are for a proposed severance for which a survey has not yet been completed, therefore I would like to add the ± symbol to the dimension label. I tried to add a new text field to the attribute table with the labels that I would like to appear and have changed the Display field value in the layer properties but this does not work. The Label and Labeling Properties are greyed out and so is the option to convert labels to annotation. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. 

SarahHartholt_0-1606403468808.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahHartholt

Apparently this needs to be set BEFORE the feature class is created. Also, don't forget to set you reference scale (I made this mistake more than once) and choose an appropriate font size. Would be nice to have the ability to change the font size and reference scale after the dimension feature class has been created. 

SarahHartholt_0-1606408486630.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SarahHartholt

why isn't it possible for me to enter letters or special characters in the the use custom value box? It's very limiting.

SarahHartholt_0-1606407566631.png

0 Kudos
TomWard2
New Contributor

We had the same issue, customer wanted the value in feet and inches.  I added a custom "Footage" field as type Text and set that as the field to be displayed.

TomWard2_0-1622574495736.png

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

Apparently this needs to be set BEFORE the feature class is created. Also, don't forget to set you reference scale (I made this mistake more than once) and choose an appropriate font size. Would be nice to have the ability to change the font size and reference scale after the dimension feature class has been created. 

SarahHartholt_0-1606408486630.png