Diagnostic Monitor

Jump to solution
02-28-2022 06:06 AM
MartyRyan
New Contributor III

Is there ANY reference material or documentation for the ArcGIS Pro Diagnostic Monitor and how to read its log files? I have a log that has over 17000000 events listed - I am running the Export Training Data for Deep Learning tool and while it has finally (after 12 days) exported all the expected images, it is still showing "Running..." at 29% complete in the progress bar. 

Is there no documentation for how to understand the processes and tasks it is running? Someone developed this tool and I find it hard to believe that there is no way to let a user know what the tool is actually doing?

I had this noted in my Support Case (now closed) as an "Exception" - the answer I got was:

"There is unfortunately not much documentation for the ArcGIS Diagnostic Monitor and development has been made aware of this issue via:" and the exception was included. It simply asked development to make more information available. How can there be "not much documentation" for this tool? If anyone can point me to a better source of information, I would appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You mean beyond the links, I am assuming

Diagnostic Monitor—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)

How To: Troubleshoot attribute rule behavior with ArcGIS Diagnostic Monitor and ArcGIS Enterprise Se...

I am not sure detailed documentation would exist if they closed your support case

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MartyRyan
New Contributor III

Thanks, Dan - The case I had was not directly related to the Diagnostic Monitor and so was closed as that issue was resolved. But of the links you provided, the first two don't provide what I'm looking for and the third I am looking at now - it has more information, but I am not sure it pertains to the entries I see in my log. But I'll explore it in more detail.

I am looking for some definitions of the various entries, functions, codes etc - 

0 Kudos
MartyRyan
New Contributor III

Update - the tool finally completed and I am using its output to train a model - the documentation on the Diagnostic Monitor has been noted by Esri and I hope to see more on it in the future. I consider this question closed. 

0 Kudos