Select to view content in your preferred language

Determining truck route roundtrip time from GPS

11-17-2022 02:31 PM
Labels (3)
TroyKechely
New Contributor II

I have exhausted my efforts at figuring this out on my own so I am reaching out to you all.  I'm running the ArcGIS Pro Advanced license with the GeoAnalytics tools and I have over 1.4 million GPS points for more than two dozen trucks over a 30 day period.  I have a single known starting location and multiple destinations that I have added as a text field to the table of the GPS data. Trucks leave the the start location, go to one of the destinations, remain there a varied amount of time (need to get average, max and min for this as well), and return to a location near the start point that is identified as the end. I need to calculate the average, max, and min travel time for round trips for each destination over the entire month.  I have tried the dwell and detect incident tools in GeoAnalytics with no success. Likely because of my not understanding how to use them.  Is this even possible and if so, please help me figure out how to best accomplish it keeping in mind I have minimal programing knowledge.  Thanks. @GeoAnalytics 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Great! I will take a look when I have time. I am still doing my daily development work...  🙂

DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you tell me which Dwell_Area is the single known start location/area? 

DanLee_0-1668800144987.png

0 Kudos
TroyKechely
New Contributor II

All routes start at the Landfill-Scale.  The make a round trip to the different sites and the end is at the Landfill-Tipper.

0 Kudos