Determine what version of license manager ArcGIS Pro is using

04-22-2022 07:09 AM
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

As an ArcGIS Pro user (non-IT, no access to License Manager), is there a way for me to determine what version of License Manager I’m using?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MikeVolz
New Contributor III

I don't see a way of doing this unless you have access to the LM installed location.

Are you by any chance trying to upgrade Pro on your desktop using the Software Update button on the Settings page and getting denied because your LM is not at the appropriate version?

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

I’m trying to find a version of ArcGIS Pro where calculation attribute rules work properly when editing geometries with M-values —and— is supported by our version of License Manager. It seems like modern versions of Pro don’t work with our version of License Manager. So I’m trying to find version of Pro that fits.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MikeVolz
New Contributor III

Will IT upgrade the GIS LM for you if you need functionality in a newer version?

Do they push back against requests like this if only 1 person in your org needs this functionality?

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you set up with single/concurrent use, or do you license through your Portal?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

I think the answer is “single/concurrent use”.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Under a Named User model, your computer would need to be able to communicate with the licensing manager instance, but wouldn't necessarily have the information about where that instance was located. But the LM version is part of the portal configuration (not sure if that's an admin-only page, though).

With single and concurrent use, the configuration is stored locally, but I'm not certain if the version is part of that. I can find the build number and version of the underlying FlexNet stuff, but I don't know if those directly correspond to a LM version, either. I've poked around a bit in some config files, but am not seeing anything particularly useful...

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

It sounds like you have an older version of ArcGIS Pro and want to update it to the version it to the version that has the function or capability you need.  Furthermore, you are likely using a Concurrent Use licensing option if you are asking about the license manager.  If you start ArcGIS Pro, go to the "Settings" button and then to the Licensing tab.  It will display what licensing option you are using.  If you're still not sure, click on the "Configure your licensing options" button to get to the Configure Authorization dialogue.  The License Type determines what licensing option you are configured with.  

Concerning your original question, the license manager version does not matter if the capability you need is not available in that particular version of ArcGIS Pro.  In your situation, determine the version of ArcGIS Pro you want to install.  From there, you can determine the minimum version of the license manager you will need.  If possible, always upgrade to the latest available version of the license manager because it is always backward compatible.  If you cannot do so and can only install a specific version, the table below should help.  It list the version of ArcGIS Pro and the corresponding License Manager version.  

Pro VersionLicense Manager