Deterination of connected raster cells of certain group

Jump to solution
05-03-2021 01:41 AM
dazu
by
New Contributor II

Hi there,

How would you proceed to locate the cells connected to each other that have a certain value (e.g. land cover)?

Currently, I am using the Region Group Tool on a 40000 x 20000 raster, but it only completes after being stuck for 2 hours at 100% and locates much more areas than the one that I am interested in.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1 on a Windows 10 x64 machine.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It would probably make sense to produce an intermediate raster classed to meet your class criterio.  For example... 1 for land cover and nodata for every other class.  Then when you are working with regiongroup, it has far less potential areas to deal with.

Region Group (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It would probably make sense to produce an intermediate raster classed to meet your class criterio.  For example... 1 for land cover and nodata for every other class.  Then when you are working with regiongroup, it has far less potential areas to deal with.

Region Group (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
dazu
by
New Contributor II

Thank you, DanPatterson, for your suggestion. I reclassified the raster using Con(...) into a binary raster, then applied RegionGroup(...) excluding 0 values accordingly; the calculation now completes within minutes.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Good to hear!

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos