Despite concurrent offline license, loss of Portal prompts Pro Shutdown?

Jump to solution
03-13-2019 01:46 PM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Despite a concurrent license from 2018.1, and checked for offline, a down-portal (power failure) is now threatening to close all my 2.3.1 clients, But not my 2.2.x clients. Is there a new licensing requirement in 2.3.1, that, despite having an offline license, if you lose your Portal connection, it shuts down anyway?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas,

This is the same bug.  We've already fixed it and will be included in the next patch. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Tom, do you think this might have to do with [BUG-000120201: Cannot open ArcGIS Pro 2.3.15769 after checking out a Concurrent Use license from the License Manager 2018 and then going offline.]

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I don't think so.....? But that would make sense....but what doesn't make sense is my previous screen shot, which shows the license checked out and offline, and, restarting Pro, showing it "0" days. Panic. But I'm inclined to agree with you. I'm not in a position to repro, but if you were to edit hosts file to block your ptl connection while Pro 2.3.1 is open.....there may be some additional things going on with this bug at 2.3.1 that we didn't see with 2.3 that might be relevant. 

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas,

This is the same bug.  We've already fixed it and will be included in the next patch. 

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos