Data Reviewer in Python -- Is it possible to create a Data Reviewer batch job file .rbj in ArcGIS Pro

12-18-2018 11:21 AM
AdrienLepoutre
New Contributor III

I am the process developing a feature class QC framework and started looking into data reviewer. My wrapper will be in Python and I would like to use the data Reviewer functionalities. I have come across a few posts ( How to run Data Reviewer outside of ArcMap  ) mentioning some challenges there. My understanding is that it can only go though a batch job command in Python. For example:

arcpy.ExecuteReviewerBatchJob_Reviewer()

However, when going through the ArcGIS Pro tutorial and documentation for Data Reviewever, I only saw the possibility of importing pre-existing batch jobs (creating in previous versions) but does not mention the possibility of creating batch jobs in ArcGIS Pro (http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/validating-data/migration-from-10-x-to-pro-for-data-valid... ). 

My questions:

- How to run Data Reviewer rules or batch jobs via arcpy 3.6?

- Can we create Data Reviewer batch files in ArcGIS Pro, or is that functionality discontinued?

Thanks!

Adrien

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Not sure what you are looking for, but the tools all have access points via python and arctoolbox.

An overview of the Data Reviewer toolbox—Data Reviewer toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

the scripts section of each tool provide examples of how they are used in workflows.

0 Kudos
AdrienLepoutre
New Contributor III

So I did see that. However, to actually run a QC command, you have only one option which goes through batch jobs (.rbj) files. These can be imported in ArcGIS Pro but I have not come across any documentation showing how they can be created in Pro. The combination of both these aspects could then point to a future loss of functionality if Data Reviewer can't be used in Python starting from Pro.

0 Kudos