Cut Fill - attribute table

Jump to solution
01-04-2021 12:30 PM
AvivitLevy
New Contributor III

After executed Cut fill function, I have a question regarding the attribute table:

What the meaning of 'Value' in the table? in my table it contains the same values like in 'OBJECTID' 

Thank you

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

The 'ObjectID' is more of a row reference in the attribute table than anything else.  Raster Attribute tables can sometimes be confusing because they look very similar to a vector (polygon etc.) attribute table, but they are just grouped summaries of the same raster cell values (e.g. 'Count' is the number of raster cells in that cut/fill 'zone'.)

So, you're right - 'Value' defines the ID given to a cut/fill group of cells (and is also the actual value of any cell within that group).

But, ObjectID doesn't define anything other than the row in the attribute table you're looking at.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Value is the actual coded value assigned to the raster cell(s) in the Cut/Fill region. 

So say you have a fill region (row in the attribute table) of +100 volume and 'Value' of 1, all the raster cells in that region will have that value of 1.

0 Kudos
AvivitLevy
New Contributor III

Thank you David, so 'Value' defines the cells ID and the 'OBJECTID' defines the 'polygon' (raster) ID? what is the difference between the 2 categories in my table?

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

The 'ObjectID' is more of a row reference in the attribute table than anything else.  Raster Attribute tables can sometimes be confusing because they look very similar to a vector (polygon etc.) attribute table, but they are just grouped summaries of the same raster cell values (e.g. 'Count' is the number of raster cells in that cut/fill 'zone'.)

So, you're right - 'Value' defines the ID given to a cut/fill group of cells (and is also the actual value of any cell within that group).

But, ObjectID doesn't define anything other than the row in the attribute table you're looking at.

0 Kudos
AvivitLevy
New Contributor III

Ok! thank you very much

0 Kudos