Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom Locator works on indvidual searches but fails in bulk mode

11-08-2023 05:01 PM
Labels (1)
Brian_Wilson
Regular Contributor II

I created a Locator in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3 and published it as a service to Portal 10.9.1. I have been using it in web apps for several years now, having updated and improved it over time.

When I use it, I can go through the guided workflow in Pro or I can use the geoprocessing "Geocode Addresses" tool. Results are the same.

Out of 640 entries in my table, it misses 226 entries. This is pretty awful, there must be something seriously wrong with my service. BUT,,,,,, if I pick addresses from the table that FAILED, and run them in Pro threw Locate, they work 100%, maybe not all 226 but every one so far works.

So... how do I add the magic GUI dust that makes them work one at a time to the Geocode Table tool so it works there too? I need the AUTOMATION. I can't do them one at a time 🙂 If I do that I don't need geocoding 🙂

I generated the Locator using an address point feature class from e911 data, a taxlots feature class for parcels, a points of interest feature class for POI, and a line feature class for Roads. It all works exactly as expected when I run through one address at a time. It fails roughly 30% of the time (Score=0) when I feed it a table.

Here's a picture of my Locator successfully finding 90589 CLARK RD as typed in by me. Observe, SCORE=100

Brian_Wilson_0-1699491169698.png

Here's a picture of the same feature in the output of the tool. Of note: SCORE=0

Brian_Wilson_1-1699491325100.png

Here is a picture of the Geocode Table set up, I have tried other options, the results have been exactly the same every time: 226 rows don't match.

Brian_Wilson_2-1699491464311.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@Brian_Wilson It looks like you built your locator with city and zip code (location), but you are not using city and zip code when geocoding the table. When using the Locate pane it uses the center of the map as the location, while batch geocoding a table does not reference the map to get the location, the location (city, zip code) needs to be included in the input table since your locator was built with city and zip code mapped.

If you launch the Rematch Addresses pane to review the unmatched addresses are you getting candidates for the unmatched addresses?

0 Kudos