Custom Editing Pane Example

Jump to solution
05-17-2021 07:28 AM
Labels (1)
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I am looking to build a custom attribute editing experience in ArcGIS Pro. So, I am looking at what objects/forms are available for this type of thing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Scott,

Ok sure, those kinds of forms are possible using standard wpf controls and the mvvm patterns we use in Pro. There are a few control templates we provide in visual studio such as buttons, menus, dockpanes etc but no pre built attribute forms.

If you're unfamiliar with the transition from ArcObjects to the ProSDK there was a similar question with some resources mentioned in the reply: ArcObjects SDK To ArcGIS Pro SDK?

This dev summit presentation is also useful for developing dockpanes: ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET: Practical Dockpane Design and Implementation

For attribute handling and editing you'll need an understanding of the inspector class and edit operations to perform the attribute updates: ProConcepts Editing

And lastly a collection of code samples, although none as complete as your example: Community samples

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There aren't many options im afraid. You can host the attribute grid in your own form (InspectorTool) but customization options are limited. What sort of experience are you looking to build?

ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I attached a jpeg of a form that i would like to create. We created this form using WinForm in ArcMap using ArcObjects. I was looking to create a similar form using Pro and the ProSDK. 

In my experience customers like the attractive and simple user interface. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Scott,

Ok sure, those kinds of forms are possible using standard wpf controls and the mvvm patterns we use in Pro. There are a few control templates we provide in visual studio such as buttons, menus, dockpanes etc but no pre built attribute forms.

If you're unfamiliar with the transition from ArcObjects to the ProSDK there was a similar question with some resources mentioned in the reply: ArcObjects SDK To ArcGIS Pro SDK?

This dev summit presentation is also useful for developing dockpanes: ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET: Practical Dockpane Design and Implementation

For attribute handling and editing you'll need an understanding of the inspector class and edit operations to perform the attribute updates: ProConcepts Editing

And lastly a collection of code samples, although none as complete as your example: Community samples

ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. The presentation is a great start.

0 Kudos