Crime-Analysis Tool for Pro v2.6 no longer available

Jump to solution
12-27-2020 08:50 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm looking for the Crime-Analysis Add-in but Esri is no longer offering it for 2.6.   I'm not ready to upgrade from 2.6.3 to 2.7 because I like to wait until the new version is vetted more or until 2.7.1.  It is really disappointing that versions prior to 2.7 are no longer available.  Fortunately, I have some flexibility on the version of software I use, but there may be organizations that cannot upgrade for some time.  Esri, please don't deprecate Add-ins like this so fast for previous Pro versions.  Is there a technical reason or a management decision?  Please make the previous version available.  Thanks.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

To Dan's point, starting at ArcGIS Pro 2.6, the Crime Analyst Add-In functionality is part of the "core" ArcGIS Pro application.  The toolbox information is here and if you go to the Project-Options->Application->Crime Analyst, check the box to "Show Crime Analyst tab"

crimeanalyst.JPG

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

these?

crime_analyst.png

These in Pro 2.7 by default

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

To Dan's point, starting at ArcGIS Pro 2.6, the Crime Analyst Add-In functionality is part of the "core" ArcGIS Pro application.  The toolbox information is here and if you go to the Project-Options->Application->Crime Analyst, check the box to "Show Crime Analyst tab"

crimeanalyst.JPG

jroebotham_atl
New Contributor

@Robert_LeClair Hi There. i feel like i'm missing something; i can see the tools in my toolbox on 2.6 but i don't see Crime Analysis listed in the File > Options > Solution .. i tried installing the 2.7 add-in on 2.6 and it does appear to install, but also gives a warning that it can't install, but still there isn't a Crime Analysis line item available in the File > options. I feel like there is something very obvious i'm not doing. any ideas?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi - I'm running ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3.  When I go to Options->Application->Crime Analysis, I can click the box for "Show Crime Analysis tab" - see graphic below.  When I return to the project, I have a Crime Analysis tab and two toolboxes Crime Analysis and Safety Tools and Crime Analysis tools - see graphic below.  If you still don't see any Crime Analysis information, I recommend you rename the ESRI folder in your C:\Users\<user_profile>\AppData\Local C:\Users\<user_profile>\AppData\Roaming to ESRI_OLD.  Try again.  If this doesn't work, then I recommend running an Repair operation on your ArcGIS Pro installation.  Good luck!

AGP_CrimeAnalysis.JPGAGP_CrimeAnalysis2.JPG

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much for that important information.  I'm sorry it seems so obvious now.   I'm still confused why the Crime Analysis solution is available at Crime Analysis | ArcGIS Solutions.   Does it provide other functionality.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You're welcome Brian - glad it worked out.  With regard to the Solutions Gallery, the link you provided mentions the product is no longer available to download and redirects to a new Solutions page.  I don't believe it provides additional functionality over the AGP functionality and appears to be a way to deploy it to one's organization - but could be wrong.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos